Legal Disclaimer

All opinions expressed on this site are those of the author and may contain errors (I make mistakes) or omissions (I am not telling the whole truth).

!Thank You!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

State of Mind

Most often I am asked if I am bullish or bearish.
Most often my answer is I don't know and it doesn't matter.
Bears make money, bulls make money, pigs get slaughtered.

Things I always consider and keep in mind.


For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction - Newton's 3rd law.

An object in motion will stay in motion and an object at rest will stay at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force - Newton's 1st law.

A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be - Wayne Gretzky.

Apply the quotes to stock investing.
Both bullish and bearish move depending on time frame.



See the double top?









CandleGlance IYR,URE,SRS,SPG,NLY,PSA,VNO,EQR,PCL,HCP)

Conclusion: SRS first support (66-67), next suport (62-63)

On a tangent. The day after I sold the covered calls (feb100c) on GS (bought at 98 due to FUBAR event at the brokerage), I knew it was a mistake. The trade was on my mobile phone while I was raging mad and without good analysis. I thought to myself, "What an idiot!". I wanted to dump the stock but did not wanted to take an instant loss because the stock was trading around 94. The right move was to sell feb90c, more premium.