Legal Disclaimer

All opinions expressed on this site are those of the author and may contain errors (I make mistakes) or omissions (I am not telling the whole truth).

!Thank You!

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Stupidity

A follow up to my post from yesterday on FUD here.

Today Tom Lydon wrote: Why Leveraged ETFs Aren’t For Everyone here

I think he hit the nail dead on the head.

So why is this post about stupidity?

Let me tell you a true story.

I came to the states with my family on April 27, 1975, 3 days before the fall of Saigon. A very generous family invited our family to spend Thanksgiving with them. Some how, I had heard the word stupid, but did know know what it means. Well at dinner, I was calling the host's son stupid over and over again. Lucky for me, he was gracious. Looking back, I felt stupid because I was using a word I did not know or understand the meaning.

The moral of the story, don't listen to every thing you hear, but learn for yourself.