Legal Disclaimer

All opinions expressed on this site are those of the author and may contain errors (I make mistakes) or omissions (I am not telling the whole truth).

!Thank You!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

How to catch a falling knife

I posted the idea here at 08:51 AM and links to the chart.
http://beanieville.disqus.com/bidu_looks_good_to_go_higher/#comment-598949

Five minutes later at 08:56 AM
FSLR bought 242.50
4 pts stop. 10 pts profit.
http://beanieville.disqus.com/bidu_looks_good_to_go_higher/#comment-598987

I was lucky, but let's analyze the trade which has a reward/risk ratio of 2.5/1



Trust me, I wanted to buy FSLR at the open. But I keep telling myself, wait for it, wait for it, and don't chase it. FSLR breaking the previous close was not a good sign, but not breaking yesterday's low was a good sign. Notice the lows for the previous days - 251, 251.80. I figure FSLR might have a hard time closing above this.

And yes, I eat my own cooking.



Not all my trades are this perfect, but you get the idea.

Updated: This is an example of an order entry and not an actual trade.



Another udate: Why FSLR was a short at 262