Legal Disclaimer

All opinions expressed on this site are those of the author and may contain errors (I make mistakes) or omissions (I am not telling the whole truth).

!Thank You!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Buy vs Short Stocks and Options

Just because the stock is down does not mean the put is down as well.

Here is proof as I have been obsessed with MA lately. I took profit from the day before and had thought that may be I left money on the table again seeing a 10pts drop in the morning. And yes, I did check the greek, but nothing explains it.



On another note, if you shorted GRMN at 50 and covered at 40, then you have a 20% gain. But if you bought at 40 and sold at 50, they you have a 25% gain. I am using 50 because that was the price where most pundits were suggesting to short the stock.

Hindsight is 20/20 (f8 copyrighted - lol)