Legal Disclaimer

All opinions expressed on this site are those of the author and may contain errors (I make mistakes) or omissions (I am not telling the whole truth).

!Thank You!

Monday, July 20, 2009

All About Exit

First, thanks for those who responded. As long as someone finds this useful, then I am glad to be of service.

There are those who advocates to never look back at your trades.

If that is the case, then I would have to ask, How will you know your mistakes?

The objective is to identify the mistakes and try to avoid making the same mistakes twice.

I purchased BTU on 7/8/2009 at 28.15 and stopped out on 7/14/2009 at 29.9.

Take a closer look at the chart (hand).
Even though BTU close down that day, the EMA crossed over.

10d30m Chart


10d60m Chart


The bottom line, I should have never placed the stop or the stop was too tight.

If you take a look at the 30m and 60m chart, it was all green for 07/14.

If there was a time when I should have sold, it should have been on the 07/10 or 07/13 based on the 30m chart (no green).

As the result, I made a 6% profit versus 24%. I know what you are thinking. A profit is a profit. But do you want to under-perform or over-perform?

Do you know that is a 400% difference in return?

When comparing performance, you cannot use subtraction but must use ratio.

24/6 = 4/1 = 400%.

Imagine for every trade I make, you make 2x as much.
Think about how much better your account would be and think about compounding.

Just a provoking thought.

Today, I sold UNG based on 10d30m. However, the 10d60m is still green.





You need to determine the time frame that works best for you and you're most comfortable with.

I know I have not been very discipline with my trades and will attempt to be more discipline in the future.