Legal Disclaimer

All opinions expressed on this site are those of the author and may contain errors (I make mistakes) or omissions (I am not telling the whole truth).

!Thank You!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Pay for Performance

Laid off structured finance pros look for new work

Read the above article.

If professionals with a huge amount of resources fail, then how is a person (blogger) better than they are? Most bloggers brag about performance but nothing to back it up with and what credentials do they have?

Simple question, would you pay $32k for a Hyundai? How about a Lexus? Get the point?

If you were going to buy a new LCD, car, stereo system, how much time do you send researching about the product? Now, if you were to buy a new stock, how much time do you spend researching the stock? I am guilty, what about you?

After many months of selling covered calls against my FXP holdings, the Aug calls were assigned.



I am not sure which might have been a better strategy: trading the stock, hedging with puts or covered calls. The reason I sold covered calls is because I believe the stock would go come back and I wanted some income while I waited.

I got the best premium in July. I could have received better premium in August had I waited a little more. Oh well. Now, I need to cheer for FXI.