Legal Disclaimer

All opinions expressed on this site are those of the author and may contain errors (I make mistakes) or omissions (I am not telling the whole truth).

!Thank You!

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Counterintuitive

It means contrary to what intuition or common sense would indicate.

Friday, I went fishing in the stock market. Instead of being the big fish eating the little fish, I was the little fish. Just hoping I am not the smallest fish.



Started the day with $gs b 82 1pt stop 2 pts profit, no buts about it.



I was trying to anticpate a bounce and thank goodness for stops.

Next, I saw the golden cross on the 1m and proceeded to buy at 77.70.



I seldom use the 1m because there can be a lot of noise. You can see that in the above chart.



Compare the 1m to 5m. This is why I use multiple time frames, but did not on Friday. If you are going to fight the trend, then use stop and don't be too stubborn to take a loss. I was too stubborn.

In one of my conversation with tradefast -

tradefast@fortune8 charts don't lie, they accurately depict the past- determining the serial correlation of prices is the challenge, some art/science

Here, I was trying to predict the future move of the stock without any success.